Under the Influence

Posted by Ebun | Posted in , | Posted on 1:37 PM

I made this post to sort of chronicle some of the things that influence my design style, and just "me" in general. I think you will be surprised. Here are some of my influences:



Tommy Hilfiger. While most of my peers are Ralph Lauren aficionados and practically worship everything he does, I've been more drawn to Tommy Hilfiger's designs (that isn't to say I don't wear Polo).



Francoise Nielly artwork. Francoise Nielly's use of color is inspiring. I believe art should evoke emotion and her work does so tremendously. Her pieces are inspired by black and white images, which in themselves are very powerful, but she completely transforms the subject and brings a new light out of their faces.



Thierry Henry. In short, this guy made me fall in love with football. Which made me begin to start painting shirts with football players on them. Hopefully I'll meet him someday to thank him.

I'll be adding more of my influences in the future. Cheers.

Comments (1)

I can see why they inspire you... I especially like Francoise Nielly's painting. I gotta look her up; maybe I can be inspired by her too... Again, keep up the good work!