Ladies and gentlemen... I present to you...

Posted by iEbun | Posted in | Posted on 6:44 PM

...the final model!
So before I bombard you with pictures of my final model, I have a few things to say. first of all, I am exhausted, so much so that I, along with my other classmates, were falling asleep during the review! Not a good look! Seriously, after I was called on to explain my model, I just went to a corner and fell asleep. Overall, the responses to my model were very positive, which isn't to pat myself on the back, because the next phase of the design requires that we cut our model up into pieces (I know, right), however, I am proud of this model. I think it's the first model where I thought everything through (or almost everything) before I even cut a single sheet of MDF. this way, there were no surprises (except for when I glued the D2 piece in front of the D1 piece instead of behind it!) Funny enough, gluing took the longest out of all phases of the construction.

To me, good design is having an idea, pushing through and seeing that idea come to life. That was what I was going for with this model. A brief explanation of what you are looking at: the topography you see is "light" being treated as an agent of erosion. After this, I decided to create a "volume of light" which basically meant making a mass out of the "negative" pieces cut out of each MDF sheet and then glued together. Onto the pics, hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed designing/building this model.







Comments (0)